Top 10 Popular Posts
- Prosper202 1.7.2 Released!
- Prosper202 LP CTR Mod Install Video
- Prosper202: LP CTR Mod for 1.5.x-1.6.x
- EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Eagle Revealed – The Man behind the Money
- Affiliate Summit West 2010: Las Vegas Recap Day 4 & 5
- Affiliate Summit West 2010: Las Vegas Recap Day 3
- Interviewed by JonathanVolk.com
- Affiliate Summit West 2010: Las Vegas Recap Day 2
- Affiliate Summit West 2010: Las Vegas Recap Day 1
- Meetup202 LA Recap and ASW 2010 Las Vegas
adwords Affiliate Affiliate Marketer Affiliate Marketers Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Networks Akmg Array Asw Blog Calendar Campaigns Content Network Cpa Cpc Email Experiences Google Impressions Internet Marketing Keyword keywords Las Vegas Lol Lt Mahler Mail Marketers Marketing Industry Meetup Money Networking Niche Niches Pleasure ppc Seligman success Summit East Summit West Text Ads Twitter Volk Wes Yahoo
- Affiliate Marketing
- CPA Networks
- Internet Marketing
- Pay Per Click Marketing
- Success Stories
- A Peek Into My Mind
- Affiliate Marketing Journey
- Arif Kosasi
- Bryn Youngblut
- Cash Tactics
- Daily Conversions
- Ian Fernando
- Jay Yukes
- Jonathan Volk
- Masterless Samurai
- Matt Levenhagen
- Mr. Green
- Ms Danielle
- Neils Web
- Nick Throlson
- Prosper202 Blog
- Richard Bonner
- Tyler Cruz
- Wes Mahler
- Wordpress Themes
- Zac Johnson
- October 2011
- December 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
Posted by JasperP on January 28th, 2009
eComXpo 2009 is here! I’ve never attended so I’m going to check it out. It’s a virtual expo online on January 28-29 (Today and Tomorrow).
Register at http://www.ecomxpo.com/
What? eComXpo is the virtual conference & job fair for affiliate, search, and interactive marketers
Why? All the benefits of a top tradeshow from the convenience of your office or home
Who? 8,000+ advertisers, publishers, affiliates, agencies, merchants, networks and search marketers
When? Our 8th event will be held January 28-29, 2009, followed by a 90 day archive
How? Learn about exhibiting, sponsoring, speaking or attending right here on this website
How much? Attending the show is free! Exhibit for as little as $2,500 with no other expenses.
- 100% Online and Virtual
- Free to Attend
- All the Benefits of a Top Trade show
- Includes Virtual Job Fair
- More than 8,000+ Attendees, 100 Exhibitors and 20 Presenters
- 100+ Archived Presentations at eComXpo University
- An easy, quick way to keep up with this rapidly evolving marketplace including email, search, affiliate, regulatory, branding, advertising, and technology trends and challenges.
Thanks to Nick Throlson for the heads up!
Posted by JasperP on January 17th, 2009
“What’s the difference between an advertiser and a publisher?”
This was a question that my brother asked after the trip to ASW. I remembered when I first got started in affiliate marketing with CPA networks, I was kind of confused which one was which. Thinking about it now, I realize that I am both a publisher and advertiser at the same time. It just depends what type of network I’m working with.
Most of the time, CPA Networks are going to refer to affiliate marketers as a publishers. So if you apply to a CPA network like Convert2Media, then you need to apply as a publisher. As an affiliate marketer, you are taking the offers and you are publishing them for visitors. Therefore, to the CPA network, you are a publisher.
However, as an affiliate marketer, you may publish the offer in an Ad Network such as Google Adwords or Adbrite. In this case, you are an advertiser since you are utilizing the impressions and views from a web site. Google Adwords has web site owners (in the content network) that are publishers because they provide ad space for you as the advertiser.
So, to recap, if you’re an affiliate marketer and…
- … you’re applying to a CPA network such as Convert2Media, then you’re a PUBLISHER
- … you’re applying to an ad network such as AdBrite or Adwords then you’re an ADVERTISER.
Posted by JasperP on January 15th, 2009
So I just got back from Affiliate Summit West in beautiful Last Vegas and man, what an event it was! I was a bit nervous and excited at the same time since I’ve never gone to any of these things, but now that I think about it, it was so worth it. I’m definitely going to Affiliate Summit East in New York!
Here’s some pictures of my trip: (I wish I took a whole lot more)
Las Vegas from at the top of the Palms
Ruck from Convert2Media
A picture of the 202 Meetup (You can see Wes Mahler busy chatting it up with people)
Anyway, it was awesome networking with everyone and I just wanted to give a shoutout to all the cool people I hung out with this weekend:
- Ruck, Steve, Ryan and Michael from Convert2Media
- Wes and Steven from Tracking202
- Kris and Andrew from Cash Tactics
- Jimmy and Janie Ramos
- Tobey (yebot), Justin (Jivebotic) and Bill (gxdia)
- Bryn Youngblut from bryn.me
- Scott Pae and Matt Marcin from Zeeto Group
- Ian Fernando from IanFernando.com
- Jason Adams, Kevin Kirkpatrick, Ingo, Marvin, Charles Tran, and Mike Turin from the LA Meetup202 Crew
- Jay Yukes from Yukes.com / LA Meetup202 Crew
- Neil from NeilsWeb.com
- Daniel Waife from TodayAbundance.com
- Chris, Shaunti, and Eleah from AKMG and Tom from CKMG
- Christian “Sherbert” Popoola and “Rodeo” (Damn, forgot your real name now.. lol) from Xy7.com
- Amy Ede from MaxBounty.com
- Michael from TattoMedia.com
- Lorenzo Green, Breck, Eric Ngo, Eric Nagel, and Nick Throlson
- …and everyone else I missed! (Sorry, if I missed you… Send me a email if you want some link love)
Thanks for making ASW09 awesome! I had a total blast! ASE, New York.. here I come!!
Posted by JasperP on January 7th, 2009
This is going to be my first Affiliate Summit and I’m excited! I’m going to be able to hopefully network with some of the smartest people in the industry. I hear the best networking is at the parties and after-hours stuff.
If anyone wants to meet up, hit me up with a comment or email!
See ya in Vegas!